General Dynamics Information Technology – Health and Civilian Solutions Division is currently looking for Project Management Support to join our team to support the Department of Army. This position is based in Frederick, Maryland. The product management support will include the following tasks:
- Provide project management support to the assigned Division/Product Management Office (PMO) and support the advanced development requirements for medical products. Participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to include scheduling meetings and preparing agendas, related documentation, and minutes.
- Successfully communicate with personnel at various echelons through the use of effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Support numerous efforts and effectively prioritize and multi-task requirements that have a direct impact on the product portfolio.
- Support all major initiatives to advance product development and associated activities.
- Assist with programmatic and technical document review, market research, and vendor site visits/demonstrations.
- Assist in portfolio financial management by performing budget analysis and contract support in regards to deliverables and periods of performance.
- Participate in various meetings both internally and externally to the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and industry developments.
- Support the DoD Acquisition Lifecycle and document preparation.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Science field or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of related experience in project management and knowledge of medical devices, preferred.
- Public Trust required (NACI T1)
- Some Travel required
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.