General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Program Manager to manage complex, high-profile projects and lead cross-functional project teams to deliver high-quality technology solutions for our internal customers and will apply advanced level of project and program management knowledge to solve a variety of complex technical issues.
The Program Manager shall employ personnel with the skills necessary to execute projects to ensure it meets all scope, schedule, resources and quality expectations through the entire program/project life cycle and in accordance with the objectives of the enterprise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles project data and reports on status of key projects to management.
- Consult with management and customers regarding product feasibility and viability of network infrastructure plans and designs, and includes emerging technology and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provide team with data analysis for provisioning orders in bulk to multiple network service providers using MS Office tools; some billing reconciliation issues.
- Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization Serve as liaison between network engineers, development team and customer management.
- Provide advanced support for the diagnosis and resolution of complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical systems and applications.
- Present project progress, issues and mitigations to all stakeholders
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions
- Define strategies and roadmaps for expansion of capabilities, technologies and governance
- Drive the implementation of development best practices through the organization, ensuring objectives are achieved
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
- Bachelors' Degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering, Business (or related field of study)
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a Program Manager on experience in delivering large Infrastructure programs
- Ability to create visual representations (e.g. presentations) of complex IT initiatives
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program and project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including MS Project
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- Familiarity of Agile methods
- Agile Certification a plus
- ITIL Foundations certification a plus
- Experience with Project management applications such as MS Project, EXCEL, PowerPoint, MS Word, and Version One
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Public Trust Clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.