Job title: Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
- Minimum Education/Experience - Associate’s Degree and 3 years of experience; or 5 years without degree
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain Public Trust (U.S. Citizen or U.S. Residents)
- Previous experience performing laptop deployments and/or refreshes.
- At least one of the following certifications - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Security+
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Some travel up to one week at a time
In search of experienced Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist for short-term refresh project to image, install, and deploy new Windows 10 laptops to government customers with minimal technical escalations. The Laptop/Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to remove existing desktop PC from user’s desks and process its return to inventory.
- 10 days of basic tool training before the deployment to allow for training in Footprints, Asset Management tool, and our expectations for communications to schedule the customers’ deployment, how to deploy the customers’ computer equipment in our environment, access to rename the object in AD when deployed, physically remove the desktop, update Asset Management tool.
- Install computer Images including Bit-Locker / unbox new laptop / sign out from storage/ complete/ sign back to secure area with lead signature
- Schedule coordination, deploy laptop, docking station, review differences and locations of personal files, install printers and other peripherals, and update ticket for refresh and Asset Management tool for deployment asset. Remove Existing Desktop, place into secure location, update Asset Management tool with the location, status and ticket number for the removed asset.
- Clean-up / Wiping of Hard Drives / Equipment surplus
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal of any equipment or component and report to the project manager daily on results of deployments (issues, feedback, etc.)
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service
- Assist the client in solving laptop workstation and networking issues
- Enter / track activity / user / asset information accurately within trouble ticketing system and Asset Management tool.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines
- Recommend improved procedures
- Inform and educate clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.