GDIT is seeking a Strategic Solutions Architect to drive strategic initiatives initiatives in our State Government HealthCare business unit needed to support GDIT’s enterprise IT digital transformation. The role of Strategic Solutions Architect provides the opportunity to develop and execute the strategic direction of GDIT’s internal IT service delivery organization. In this unique role you will identify target architectures to solve business problems by performing gap analysis and developing the strategic roadmap for achieving desired business outcomes.
Through translating relevant details about the strategy into a language that management and other stake holders can understand, you will align people with technology. As a thought leader you will have the opportunity to shape how the Next GDIT delivers IT services to its internal user base as well as translate customer showcase solutions to externally offerings through GDIT’s Shared Services organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting development & communication of GDIT’s CIO Services organizational vision to executive leadership & CIO Services delivery team.
- Identifies key strategic investments that support the delivery on vision & develops supporting roadmaps.
- Build and maintain relationships across all GDIT business units to ensure alignment with program capture, program execution, and other line of business services.
- Understands impact of internal decisions on customer & vendor relationships & plans accordingly.
- Build & maintain relationships with key vendor partners to incorporate technology & capability roadmaps into CIO Service’s roadmaps.
- Actively identify, monitor and incorporate industry & vendor trends into CIO Services strategic roadmaps.
- Collaborate with business office, supply chain management, enterprise architecture, solution architecture, & other key stakeholders on business case development to support C-level decision makers. Includes TCO, ROI, IRR, Cost/Benefit analysis, etc. that support roadmap recommendations.
- Perform business case analysis to support decision making process.
- Support CIO Services’ in-flight initiatives when necessary and ensures deliverable alignment with strategic goals & objectives.
- Approve member of CIO Services’ governing bodies
- Architecture Review Board
- Engineering Review Board
- Actively participate in supporting additional governing bodies:
- CIO Services IT Resource Steering Committee
- Business Solution Advisory Board
- GDIT Cloud Center of Excellence
- GDIT Cyber Center of Excellence
- Champions efforts to implement Lean & Agile principles of project, process, risk & change management with an overall goal of continuous improvement in IT service delivery excellence.
- Develop, Pilot, Evaluate, & Grow Lean & Agile principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- 5+ Years’ experience in strategic planning & roadmap development.
- 5+ Years’ experience business case development, & proven track record of effectively communicating vision, strategy & roadmap to C-level executives.
- Possesses strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a cross functional team.
- Ability to lead projects & provide technical oversight to ensure alignment with strategic goals & objectives.
- Maintain technical proficiency by keeping current with the latest technologies, trends, standards, & products.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.