The team supporting the EPA Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ) Fuels IT systems is seeking a Test Engineer to support exciting technical transformation and modernization efforts currently underway. The team is currently focused on supporting and modernizing complex software systems that support industry fuel registration, reporting and compliance activities. The work is guided by following Agile/SAFe framework best practices. The team is extremely collaborative. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working collaboratively, is forward thinking, and excited about solving complex technical challenges every day. In addition to the candidates primary testing responsibilities, he/she should also have the skills required to participate as needed in all phases of development including planning, analysis, development, testing, integration and documentation. The current technical environment includes:
- Oracle RDBMS (SQL)
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bit-Bucket)
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
The Test Engineer will perform the following responsibilities:
- Participate in an agile team, including all agile ceremonies, to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software solutions.
- Promote train and provide guidance on continuous testing/agile test strategies and incorporating those strategies in DevOps
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across the SDLC
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database
- Research and recommend innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategies across agile development lifecycle
- Help other team members (developers and testers) in adopting agile and security test strategies
- Review business requirements, stories, system designs and continually seek to understand all facets of application development activities for the purpose of providing the most efficient testing solutions
- Identifies risk, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the development life cycle, managing them through closure
- Provide operational support expertise, including the following:
- Debugging software in production, including performing systematic assessments for identifying root causes of faults or problems
- Understanding production environments including security hardening, performance tuning, and access control
- Reproducing failures in development environments
- Recommending coding solutions for other developers to implement
- Experience in core Java
- Experience writing unit test (Junit, JMockit, Mockito)
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, Ready API and/or similar tools
- Experience working in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as an agile team member
- Experience communicating and collaborating with other software developers, business owners, and management.
- Working knowledge of Spring and Spring Boot
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based environments (AWS/Azure)
- Working knowledge of Maven and Jenkins
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development principles and methodology
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.