Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Systems Administrator / Help Desk Technician to join our team to provide operational support for Windows and Linux servers, systems and desktops to solve a wide array of customer needs and requests.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who will eagerly solve moderate to complex problems with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Under guidance of technical team leads, you will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and sponsor's cybersecurity requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The position requires an active U.S. TS/SCI Education / Work Experience:Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related experienceRequired Skills:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems to include but not limited to:
- Windows desktops
- Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Server and Desktop System Preventive Maintenance
- Active Directory account maintenance
- Manage the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Assist as needed with Tier 1 (Help Desk) and provide mentoring and leadership for Tier 1 staff
- Configure and manage server and desktop Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide installation, configuration and ongoing support of network devices
- Participate on teams in the analysis and design of new large-scale Windows operating systems and/or modifications to existing systems
- Evaluate new system and application requirements regarding impact to the Windows operating system environment.
Desired Skills: Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.Work Location: The work will be performed in Pasadena CAThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- DoD 8570 certification required
- Knowledge and experience supporting Windows VM’s, Workstations and Servers and working in heterogeneous computing environments. (i.e. Linux, Windows)
- Experience in assisting with configuration and support of network devices
- Demonstrated experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux servers and workstations for operational environments. (Windows Server 2008+, Linux, RHEL7+)
- Have experience with IT security and related technologies to ensure compliance with regulations and government sponsor requirement
- Familiarity with all areas of analysis, design, installation, implementation, configuration, tuning, administration, operation, and security of mid-tier Windows systems
- Experience providing systems administration support to scientists and/or engineers
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge working in environments employing configuration management and/or configuration control measures
- Ability to provide documentation and detailed instructions regarding systems administration activities
- Must be willing and able to respond to after-hours requests as needed in a 24 x 7 environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.