Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
- The Data Scientist provides all the necessary technical expertise to architect, design, and model data for cyber security enterprise solutions into a Federal Agency’s overarching enterprise.
This position ensures effective and efficient use of data within all architecture, engineering, and integration tasks with the agency assigned projects. The position is also responsible for providing thought leadership for our clients while providing technical oversight for solution deployment engagements. The position performs a critical role in understanding DHS strategic and programmatic needs, proposing effective solutions, and consistently providing high-level customer service. The position will interface regularly with Project Control, Customer Success and Agency Advocacy Managers, and PMO Manager, as well as our Strategy, Transition and Operations teams to assist in resolving issues, improving processes, and increasing productivity.
- Lead architecture and design data approaches and solutions for a large set of data across multiple COTS products.
- Understands and improves how data is modeled against the program Logical Data Model
- Understands and improves how data is sourced from COTS products and ingested with the data integration solution
- Ensures that enterprise architects are addressing all data requirements in their respective projects and solutions
- Lead the technical engagements to assess client business and technical objectives, determine deliverables, evaluate risk and execute projects effectively.
- Architects and designs enterprise-class security systems for a production environment
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Conduct Design Workshops with multiple stakeholders
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Work with Service Design management to develop strategic plans for architecture, engineering, integration, and dashboard
- Ensure ManTech and DEFEND E policies and procedures are followed via audits and other inspection mechanisms.
- Provide reporting and feedback to senior management as required
- Support the development and delivery of RFS proposals and/or Rough Orders Magnitude (ROMs) for initiatives as required
- Assist in rectifying issues and improving service in faltering/failing projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of enterprise data architecting & engineering experience
- 10 years of experience leading and delivering business solutions that rely on data science, data warehousing, or Business Intelligence
- 4 years of experience working with Security Authorization requirements, developing and enhancing the security risk posture, and analysis and reporting of IT security metrics.
- Experience implementing technical solutions in complex and heterogeneous environments, including the following:
- Experience developing, configuring, and delivering COTS data solutions in support of enterprise security solutions
- Experience leading integration planning activities of multiple U.S. Government Agencies
- Experience leading multi-organizational and matrixed technical resources and teams in accordance with approved integration plans and TO terms and conditions.
- Strong understanding of the core principles of data science and machine learning
- Ability to analyze, summarize and characterize large or small data sets with varying degrees of fidelity or quality; able to identify and explain any insights or patterns within them
- Solid experience applying one or more of the following analytical methods
- Strong understanding of and experience with advanced statistical theoretical knowledge
- Solid experience in exploratory data analysis and visualization
- Experience collaborating with Agencies to mature operational processes, reduce redundancies, and develop innovative solutions
- Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies
- Experience collaborating with US Government Agencies, state or local governments, or commercial entities to develop IT service program maturity in accordance with Federal IT mandates and best practices
- Strong experience in ensuring customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and risk management on several medium to large projects
- Experience in conducting assessments at an Enterprise by reviewing technical documentations, conducting interviews and workshops to identify gaps and developing a tailored solution is highly desired
- General scripting experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with BI and visualization tools
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Able to obtain DHS Public Trust/ Suitability
- Able to obtain possess a TS security clearance and be SCI eligible.
- ISC2 CISSP is preferred
- Certifications such as CCIE, CCSP, Security+, CCNP Security, CCNA Security, CISA, VCP, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, and/or GLSC is highly desired
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.