Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems is seeking a Sr Electrical Engineer II to join our Seapower and Electronic Systems Department team in Fullerton, CA. The Fullerton section supports Battle Field Radar (BFR) and Command and Control (C2) products both domestically and internationally. This position will report directly to the Radar and Comms section and provide technical leadership as well as electrical design.
The successful candidate must be capable of solving technical problems in the area of RF and power. Additionally, must have the ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment, with other experienced hardware engineers.
This position requires an active US Secret Clearance.
- Power Amplifier Modules
- Experience with High Voltage Power Supplies, Modulators and Traveling Wave Tubes
- Experience in lab equipment including: Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and Power Meters
- Demonstrated technical expertise in radar power system design, RF subsystems, power conversion electronics, power system analysis, analog circuit design and simulation, digital hardware design and systems, integration and test of radar hardware
- Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, RF sensors, or electronic subsystem including; circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support
- Hands-on experience in the design, analysis, development, bread?boarding, troubleshooting and testing of RF/Microwave circuits
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation tools such PSpice or LTSpice and Matlab,
- Must be familiar with the following RF/Microwave terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
- Travel and Clearance
- Occasional travel to supplier, integration and customer sites
- Potential international travel
- US Citizenship
- US Secret Clearance
Required Experience and Education:
- Experience with Radar and Command and Control
- Embedded Systems Development – CPLDs and FPGAs
- Magnetics Design – Inductor, Transformer, Tuning Networks
- Familiar with inverter power design
- Familiar with NI LabVIEW and Cadence schematic capture tool
- Strong analytical skills & excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Development of schedules, budgets and participating in integrated product team
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
- 8+ Years, with a B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- Or 6+ years, with an MS in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Or 4+ years, with PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental
leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. 150301
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.