The role of the Advanced Products Center (APC) Chief Engineer is to provide engineering leadership to development and production programs that ensures technical execution that meets the needs of the SAS mission areas and other Raytheon businesses. This Chief Engineer is the primary engineering point of contact (POC) to the APC General Manager and the SAS Operations BACE, helping shape solutions that meet the needs of Engineering, Operations and our programs. This leader will work with the APC Technical Director (TD) to strategically shape the future APC capabilities. To be successful, this leader must also ensure engineering discipline in our Root Cause and Corrective Action approach and assessing and improving the overall organizational structure that supports all of APC. Some travel will be expected to support programs and APC from a Raytheon leadership perspective and for strategic customers/suppliers engagements.
A strong, and proven background on team building and talent management is a must to work across a cross functional team and drive success. This leader must have direct experience in development and production environments for RF and Sensor products. This leader will ensure the performance of Program Chief Engineers and Program IPTs so that the top–priority technical issues are driven to closure, to maintain cost and schedule targets and on-time deliveries. Recent and relevant experience on development and production programs is a primary requisite for this position. This experience will be critical to aid in the development and implementation of process and reporting improvements and how these work across functions. Discretionary spending planning will be required. This position requires the ability to influence high level executives and peers across the business.
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
• Minimum of 14 years of related DoD experience in leadership and engineering roles
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related degree
• 20 years+ subject area professional experience
• Effective leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate team building and collaboration across technical functions and program organizations to ensure performance of program assigned CE’s
• Ability to think strategically and put together short and long term plans
• Outstanding communication, organization, and problem solving skills
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.