Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Simulation Technician / System Administrator
KBR is seeking a Simulation Technician / System Administrator, capable of supporting military training events and exercises for the Army’s Joint Training Program – Air and Missile Defense (JTP-AMD) Simulation Center. The JTP-AMD SIM Center is a Government facility based at Fort Bliss, Texas, with simulation requirements that span multiple theaters abroad and other government facilities/locations within the US. Travel is required, averaging between 20-30 percent a year. Candidates for this position must be able to perform duties related to Modeling & Simulation in support of exercises and training events for the U.S. Military. The candidate will be involved in the planning, design, integration, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and optimizing of all information systems, software, and communication links, ensuring maximum availability in the simulated training environment. Well-qualified candidates will have a background in PATRIOT Air and Missile Defense systems, Information Technology (IT), System Administration (SA) and networking. Several of the systems used to support simulations are proprietary and on-the-job (OJT) training will be provided, therefore the ability to learn new systems with minimal training is beneficial.
This position requires an ability to interface with US Government customers. The applicant MUST be a US Citizen and be able to Travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of training events. In addition, the applicant MUST have a US SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE or higher.
• Perform as a system administrator for all simulation and network systems
• Perform system integration of simulation drivers and tactical data links with the PATRIOT Air Defense System
• Provide technical and operational support for the Flight Mission Simulator Digital (FMSD); training provided
• Provide technical and operational support for the Reconfigurable Table Top Trainer (RT3); training provided
• Perform installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
• Perform integration, testing, configuration, and maintenance related tasks for simulation and network systems
• Perform scenario scripter tasks using model and simulation drivers
• Resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems
• Provide technical support during military training events and exercises
• Diagnose, resolve, and document information system hardware and software issues
• Develop written reports related to technical support of simulated training events and exercises
• Interface with government customers and perform functions as part of a technical support team
• Inventory, pack, and transport information systems and their components to distributed locations
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma (or GED)
• Military experience in PATRIOT Air and Missile Defense
• Security+ (or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment)
• Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
• A+, Network+, Linux+, CCNA Certifications
• Reconfigurable Table Top Trainer (RT3) Experience
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
• Travel required 20-30 percent.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .