Sr. Electronics Technician
- Performs a variety of complex technical duties, under only occasional supervision, including the fabrication, assembly, test, troubleshooting, analysis, evaluation, modification, and operation of complex electrical and electronic circuits and equipment in support of RF systems.
- Assists engineers by performing lower-level engineering design. On a system basis, develops test plans and procedures, performs tests, and analyzes test data for validity. Is proficient in the use of computerized test equipment to perform system or component analysis.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge, gained through education and experience, to accomplish the work necessary to develop deliverable end products from engineering documentation and drawings.
- Makes complex repairs including replacement of components parts based on troubleshooting results. Fabricates and assembles complex components in accordance with instructions. Fabricates prototype units based on limited instruction applying technical experience and knowledge . May perform cable fabrication and integration of equipment into larger systems.
- Experienced working with satellite communication systems to include controllers, positioners, RF sub systems and components, antennas, receivers and frequency conversion units.
- Assists in design activities by compiling data related to the design, technical specifications and components materials needed for finished units. May utilize AUTOCAD to perform design changes and updates.
- Performs research on parts or equipment as required to assist engineering staff.
- Gathers information on parts or equipment concerning previous operational failures and modifications. May compile system documentation on completed units to include test reports, installation and assembly documentation.
- Directs and coordinates the work of other lower-level Technicians and personnel to assure maximum efficiencies of group activities in meeting task requirements.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and test equipment and is knowledgeable in shop procedures, techniques, and RF/electrical technology as applied to engineering projects. Experienced using various RF measurement equipment to include signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers with the ability to utilize equipment to perform testing and troubleshooting functions.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .