Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Physical Therapist (Fort Benning, GA)
T HIS POSITION OFFERS A $2,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS.
RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
The Physical Therapist will provide evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. They are licensed independent practitioners and credentialed as direct care providers in specific military HP settings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate and treat patients with or without referrals.
• Refer patients to other POTFF staff members as needed.
• Provide and perform the following services in support of POTFF’s HP program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel: Provide musculoskeletal injury care, utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including the ordering of imaging studies, laboratory tests, basic pharmaceuticals, and referrals to specialty providers, with consistent, appropriate, and required documentation.
• If directed by HP Program Manager and/or Coordinator, directly supervise the PT Tech, PT Assistant, and/or Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) within their scope of practice.
• Participate in periodic meetings with HP and POTFF for reasons such as, but not limited to, reviewing care provided to patients. Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention, Sports Medicine (SM), and rehabilitation.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
• Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HP program stays current with the provision of care.
• Provide input for the development and utilization of required databases.
• Conduct peer (record) reviews for the HP Staff as directed.
• Assists the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
• Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all HP Training Centers (HPTCs) and associated facilities.
• Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans.
• Submits input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Document care in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
• Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical providers as requested and/or required.
• Master’s degree in Physical Therapy.
• Certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) as either an OCS or SCS, or certification through the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) as a certified athletic trainer (ATC).
• Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at the local MTF.
• Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain, function in austere environments, and observe SOF training evolutions.
• May be required to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 25 kilograms.
• Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable, accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) of performing manual therapy in the sports medicine field with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Position requires a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy.
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Additional credentials such as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .