Senior Technical Assurance Manager
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:?
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.?
- Operation of Service Desks.?
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.?
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.?
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.?
The Senior Technical Assurance Manager will be the focal point for technical assurance activities within the project. Leading and Managing a small team of Assurance Engineers, the post holder will be responsible for advising the Client, through the Project Execution Manager and Project Director, on the suitability for acceptance into operations of a wide variety of projects.
- Leads and manages the co-ordination of assurance services across the programme.
- Advises the Client on the acceptability of project solutions for integration into operations.
- Assesses the suitability of projects for acceptance into operations through comprehensive examination of the technical, logistical and quality information provided by projects.
- Engages with projects early to influence design/manufacture and improve likelihood of successful integration to operations.
- Ensures projects have met Client requirements, identifying any shortfalls and advising Client on remedial actions before acceptance into operations.
- Works with the Engineering Manager to advise on assurance aspects of any engineering activity across the programme.
Experience and Skills:
- Experienced in the management of commissioning/acceptance into service of large scale telecommunications/engineering projects or systems.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of multi-disciplinary engineering regulatory frameworksgoverning acceptance in the telecommunications and infrastructure sectors.
- Demonstrates the confidence and communications skills to interrogate and challenge third party engineering suppliers regarding quality and testing of engineering deliverables.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the principles governing the integration of projects into existing operational systems (technical, logistical, maintenance etc.).
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary, and multi-national, team members to achieve optimal time, cost, performance goals.
- Demonstrates a broad, systems based approach to engineering, and understands the importance of effective systems integration.
- Ability to work independently, keeping senior management adequately informed.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with differing skills and experience.
- Demonstrates analytical skills to break down complex scopes of work and arrange in a logical sequence.
- Proven ability to influence others and explain how systems work.
- Experience of working in Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries.
- Experience of engineering system integration in geographically difficult environments.
- Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of the Facilities Management, IT or Delivery Partner industries.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .