Security Manager Role Context
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:?
· Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.?
· Operation of Service Desks.?
· Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.?
· Design & deliver a new Management Information System
· Technical & English Language Training.?
· Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.?
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5years relevant experience in delivering security related services in a major programme.
- A minimum of 5 years working with the MoD or other government security forces.
- Have the ability to obtain a higher levelsecurity clearance with the UK MoD or equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of working in the Middle East preferably Saudi Arabia.
- Proven ability in setting security policy and procedures for a complex programme of work, in physically demanding and remote based locations.
- Administration of security protocols to direct team and to suppliers.
- Management of a security team providing security services across a dispersed physical set of locations.
- Understanding of the requirements and application of cyber security.
- Understanding of management information systems and how information security checks and access control is managed.
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001 or other relevant information security standards.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members in explaining and dissemination guidelines, instructions and procedures.
- Proven ability to work in a systematic and organised manner.
- Proven and impeccable record in data integrity management.
- Knowledge of the Defence Manual of Security – JSP 440, including its application.
- Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
- Knowledge of the Facilities Management industry.
- Has an in depth knowledge of Management Information systems including a general knowledge of hardware architecture.
- Knowledge of the Facilities Management, IT or Delivery Partner industries.
- Experience in running a passes office.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
The Contract Security Manager will be responsible for ensuring the project complies with all physical and systems based information security to uphold confidentiality, integrity and data access control.
The role will interface with:
- The MOD Security Officer shall be the Principal Security Advisor (PSyA)and the Contractor’s principal point of contact for all security matters.
- KBR Corporate Security Management team.
- Management representatives in the project as required inc HR and PMO leads.
- Technical Manager / security analyst on the implementation of cyber security.
- Provide the security related aspects of the Service in accordance with rules and regulations mandated by the MODand relevant applicable sections of the Defence Manual of Security – JSP440 as far as reasonably practicable for physical security.
- Manage the Passes office team to check, register, administer, monitor and control all passes required and issued to the KBR team and to the suppliers.
- On behalf of the project team, take responsibility for security at locations and places of work.
- Ensure that the project team and suppliers are aware of security restrictions and adhere to travel plans and working practices in the field, including access controls.
- Ensure compliancewith all relevant UK MoD andSecurity Policies.
- Implement and comply immediately with any new securityinstructions and policies introduced by the MOD.
- Enforce a disciplinary system that isappropriate and consistent across the entire supply chain including the temporary or permanent removal from post whererequired.
- Ensure that work on protectively marked matters and aggregated data is strictly limited to those who are security cleared to the appropriate level and who need such informationin order to carry out their work.
- Educate and enforce compliance with the Official Secrets Act.
- Educate and enforce all policies and procedures to ensure security is maintained.
- Educate and apply the data security principles in ISO 27001 around information collection, storage, dissemination and destruction.
- Manage the process to obtain Cyber Security accreditation as planned and maintain this accreditation and compliance with its policies and procedures for the duration of the contract.
- Provide and deliver information security methodologies and working practices within the MIS.
- Notify the PSyA of any security threats, breaches or issues that may compromise security.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .