KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:?
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.?
- Operation of Service Desks.?
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.?
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.?
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.?
Primary Objectives and Functions :
To deliver technical instruction at the Communications School and regional locations (as required) in a way that supports the local Military Customer’s students’ understanding of technical systems commensurate to their role, that is consistent and meets both internal and external requirements in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Management Standard (DSAT QMS) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a professional standard of technical instruction consistent with an internationally recognised technical training institute
- To deliver a variety of technical instruction relevant to telecommunication systems being operated by the local Military Customer
- To produce training materials to support training in the form of, but not limited to; handouts, presentations and weekly tests, utilising TEL as necessary.
- To ensure that all materials used are culturally appropriate and relevant to lessons delivered
- To develop lessons and activities that encourage students to become involved in the class either on their own initiative or following direction from the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) or HoETTM
- To produce and update as required daily lesson plans to reflect course planned delivery.
- To develop training material across all types of delivery, including, but not limited to e-learning, DLOs, PowerPoint®, pamphlets (this maybe in support of external companies)
- To provide SME advice to the Course Designers as required
- To generate on a weekly basis using the LMS, a report for all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures
- To liaise with other departments as directed by the HoETTM
- To provide technical instructional cover in all regions as directed by the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) ( in extremis )
- To ensure that all aspects of classroom management are rigorously enforced and adhered to, delivering the local Military Customer’s specified requirements and as directed by the LTI and the HoETTM
- Strictly adhere to all aspects, rules and requirements of working for KBR as currently stipulated
- Adhere to all requirements of working within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will at all time show respect for the customs and practices of the Kingdom
- Assist with InVal as required
- React to arising matters to accommodate emerging short-notice actions as directed by LTI and HoETTM
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the LTI or the HoETTM
- Provide periodic feedback for all KBRTechnical Training within the ‘blended’ environment
- Produce feedback for all technicalcourses in a variety of formats as directed by LTI or HoETTM
- Produce concise feedback for management Office Administration
- Maintain limited-access electronic records of all actions pertaining to technical training
- Carry out general office administration duties as directed
- Maintain all documentation iaw Training Quality Data Protection guidelines Other duties as required by the HoETTM
- Advise on training and development issues to achieve contract objectives and assist long-term planning and change management
- Contribute to the Training Quality actions within role as required by the QAS Dept
- Provide assistancein the invigilation of tests as directed
- Provide leave and absence cover as required
- Advise on technical developments to LTI, HoETTM, TDD and Course Designers on an ad hoc basis.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .