Empowering a global business. Providing affordable solutions. Delivering competitive discriminators by unleashing deep expertise. These are just some of the many ways the Information Technology team at Raytheon Missile Systems creates success for our customers. Joining our Program Execution team will allow you to partner with Missile Systems' organizations to enable business growth, speed, and agility through business innovation, technical proficiency, and operational excellence.
This is a multi-level position SA Administrator II G07 or Sr. SA Administrator G08 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and requirements for this position.
*Must have an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security clearance (must be adjudicated within the last 6 years) to be considered.
Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Redhat Enterprise Linux environment. Understanding of Windows Server internals and basic knowledge of Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods. Working as a team member in a fast paced technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS). Understanding of Virtual Machine (VM) technologies and methods (VMWare). Perform OS server installation on both physical and virtual systems. Understanding of data RAID, data backup uses and technologies. Install and configure software applications requested by end users. Use applications to monitor the information systems to ensure their health. Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security compliance requirements. Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures.
Required Skills / Certifications:
- An active DoD Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years
- Ability to obtain required Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification) within 6 months of hire date
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field or equivalent experience is required and 2 years of related experience is required.
- 2 years’ experience maintaining a medium sized Server environment
- Knowledgeable in Windows and or Linux Server Operating Systems (OS)
- Basic DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory experience
- Knowledge of backups, principles, and safeguards
- Experience in Veritas Backup Exec software or similar
- Experience with disk cloning software
- Basic knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Troubleshooting basic workstation and server issues
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures and troubleshooting methods
- Assist in developing solutions and documentation to a variety of technical problems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Basic scripting experience
- Ability to train others in standard IT processes and procedures
- Able to lift 15 pounds
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
- Position may require some travel.
Highly Desired Skills / Certifications:
- An active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance or prior SCI/program eligibility
- Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, and/or DoD/RMF
- In-depth working experience in Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016
- Knowledge of data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions
- Familiar with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operations
- Patch management experience using Windows WSUS or SCCM
- Knowledge and experience using Information Technology project lifecycle
- Experience with license managers in a Windows or Linux environment
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JSIG, and/or DoD/RMF
- Solid experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX virtual computing methods
- Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, Exchange, and Lync
- Working knowledge of Backup Exec, NetApp Snap Protect, data backup technologies, systems principles, and safeguards
- Advanced scripting experience
- Basic understanding of Oracle and SQL databases
- Experience using Network Appliance FAS Series Systems
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience in a Linux environment
- Experience in Project Leadership, Management, or Project management in an IT domain
- Basic Windows scripting
- Desire and ability to work as a contributing team member
- Effective customer and communications skills
- Ability to work under time constraints, Self-Starter, Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.