Raytheon is seeking an Engineering Intern with the technical and communication skills needed to support ongoing programs at our Springfield, Virginia location.
As an Engineering Intern, the candidate will support engineering activities and senior engineers on programs. Tasking may include a mix of design and analysis of fixtures and mechanisms, software development, system-level design, creating detailed fabrication drawings, lab testing, electronic integration / assembly / test, rapid prototyping and assembly, report writing, contribution to presentations, and support to design reviews. Candidates must be professional, self-starters, possess a positive attitude, and work well with the engineering and technician teams.
- Fundamental engineering coursework and knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting program priorities
Required EducationCandidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a BS technical degree in the field of Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Software Engineering or a related field. Minimum GPA of 3.0 in a 4.0 grade scale is desired. Please include your transcript with your resume. You must obtain junior or senior status as of summer 2020.
- Experience and/or coursework with Computer-Aided Design software, preferably Solidworks
- Course work in Mechanical, Systems, Software, or Electrical Engineering
- Course work in Finite Element Analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with mechanical or electrical assembly
- Working knowledge of hand and powered tools
- Experience with laboratory testing
- Experience with Augmented Reality (AR) / Virtual Reality (VR)
- Experience with Android application development
Security ClearanceThis position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements.
- ST03 (TechStudent–Junior) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2020.
- ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2020.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.