This is a 1st Shift Position - The Manufacturing Front Line Leader (FLL) will be responsible for the training, coaching and team building of their assigned bargaining unit employees. The FLL will report to the Value Stream Leader (VSL), and be responsible for the performance and productivity of the employees within their assigned product team. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of a flexible and cross-trained workforce Daily performance which entails the execution to MRP, Takt time, daily goals and identification of POEM issues
- Responsible for the management of Tiered Accountability (Levels 1 & 2) and Total Employee Engagement (TEE) initiatives within the area of responsibility
- Monitor safety performance of the team and insure the proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is available and being used appropriately, and insure proper resources are available
- Coordinate PTO and overtime consistent with policy, law and the current collective bargaining agreement
- Meet schedule commitments (order entry through delivery), while keeping team motivated and focused
- Utilize proper corrective actions, discipline and rewards and recognitions consistent with policy, law and the current collective bargaining agreement
- Must insure all employees are treated fairly and consistently. This will require a thorough understanding of Company policies and procedures, rules of conduct, the current collective bargaining agreement and the proper use of discretion in the application of these elements
- Promote Diversity and Wellness programs
- Accountable for team cost performance
- Must be committed to process improvement and supportive of business initiatives including Raytheon Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Approve labor charging and correct inaccuracies as required, while monitoring and recording employee attendance
- Identify opportunities to develop employee skills and insure the proper coordination with the appropriate functions to make sure this occurs
- Attend and participate in department meetings - lead daily IPT meetings
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and support personnel
- Insure your team is communicated with and provide necessary and timely flow down of information
- Keep management informed and bring up barriers so that they may be properly dealt with
- Understand and communicate Quality/Cost/Schedule metrics
- Maintain a neat and order work area, while maintaining physical security of classified documents, hardware and software and assure employees, customers and visitors have proper clearance and that badges are properly displayed
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in analyzing data such as cycle time, efficiency, capacity, utilization, etc.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience as a team builder, coach and facilitator, and successfully integrate, motivate and direct a diverse range of employees
- Ability to accomplish tasks through successful supervision of bargaining unit employees
Required Education: STEM, BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.