This position is CONTINGENT upon funding, an open position, customer approval, completion of a favorable background investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain a USPS sensitive clearance.
This contingent job is being considered & hired for all non-management levels (G08-G09) based upon selected candidate’s applicable experience.
Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is seeking to hire a Systems Monitoring Engineer to support a large cyber security program.
The successful candidate for this job would conduct a variety of management and monitoring tools to monitor operations, performance, transaction processing, status, and tuning information associated with the processes, storage, servers, network and other essential services to proactively identify symptoms and problems with systems, services and applications, and to initiate an appropriate response to maintain operations needed by users.
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
- Capture applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive Splunk monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Leverage monitoring tools (such as Splunk) and capabilities to find root cause for incident and problem management.
- Provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for supported applications.
- Provides 24 x 7 support as needed.
- Provide input into strategies, capabilities and integrations to improve the availability and performance run-state of production applications.
- Drive operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards and improvements.
- Lead efforts capturing reporting requirements, develop system performance, capacity and key business transactions reports-dashboards by leveraging approved tools and processes to maintain operational availability of delivered solutions
- Leverage a predictive analytic approach to identify and mitigate issues before they have material impact to our application consumers.
- Identify, recommend and lead performance tuning and monitoring enhancement opportunities.
- Experience with synthetic transaction application monitors
- Build and modify new and existing orchestrated monitoring alerts and events
Required experience and skills:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in cyber security in the above listed job duties.
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Strong communication skills in dealing with IT developers and system administrators
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field. In lieu of degree, equivalent work experience in military, civil, or corporate continuity planning may be considered.
Certifications (one or more of the following is required):
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.