Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer in support of several Systems Engineering programs and efforts. The Systems Engineering applicant will participate in Systems Engineering development efforts. This position involves working in a team environment with responsibilities in all phases of Systems development including concept development, requirements, functional analysis, design reviews, implementation, test, verification, validation and system transition. Multiple positions are available with multiple skills.
Validated TS/SCI clearances are eligible for sign-on bonus amounts up to $40,000.
Clearance Requirements: Current TS/SCI security clearance.
Location: Dulles, VA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform life cycle systems engineering and test activities in support of on-going programs.
- Work with external industry and Govt. stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues.
- Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews
- Work in an IPT in the development of defense equipment and products.
- Develop Test strategies and procedures
- Work within and coordinate systems engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering or related engineering discipline
- Knowledge of the following systems engineering functions:
- CONOPS development
- requirements development and management,
- system design
- interface definition and control
- integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 8 years prior relevant experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.