Raytheon is seeking a Sr Windows System Administrator with background in maintaining systems in a sustainment environment in a DoD Secret environment, co-located with the Customer.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
Will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in a Windows 2008/W0012/WIN 7 Server and Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications
- Linux System Administration in a sustainment environment; strong background in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5/6)
- Experience with VMware/VDI/esx
- Ability to work independently reaching back to team as necessary. Will be working in a Non-Raytheon facility.
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; with ability to work with Customer to ensure program success Experience working in a Military environment,
- Ability to troubleshoot configuration problems or system issues
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, GPO’s, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
- Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
- Potential after hours on call support and ability to work overtime during critical periods
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10% to additional local off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, and 4 years of related work experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN), NetBackup
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Experience with IBM and HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); SQL Server; and Linux
- Familiar with COMSEC and CCI equipment, handling and encryption key loading
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.