Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, intelligence and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation, Blackbird provides state-of-the-art electronics, cyber capabilities, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing, effects, and command, control, communications & intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Mission Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to participate in the development of several large scale cloud-based initiatives supporting products and customer programs in the Herndon, VA corporate office. This exciting work involves the software design, integration, and implementation of cloud computing technologies and architecting frameworks for large scale data ingestion and processing. Raytheon Mission Technologies employs individuals who have a creative and forward thinking approach to product development. If you enjoy helping customers solve their most challenging problems, are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, innovation, a readiness to learn and a desire to grow professionally, we would like to talk with you.
The individual will join a small team of software engineers who work closely together to devise creative solutions for challenging problems in a friendly, supportive environment.The position is located in either Herndon, VA or St. Petersburg, FL.
- Must possess the desire and ability to rapidly understand the customer’s challenges and objectives in order to formulate creative and effective technical solutions
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- US Citizen, capable of obtaining a security clearance
- 5+ years of experience working in a Linux/UNIX development environment interacting with cloud services such as AWS, Google, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of education.
- Proficient in UNIX CLI, shell scripting, and automation languages (BASH, Python, etc)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies, especially as related to large scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data processing workloads (Hadoop, MapReduce, “Big Data”, etc)
- Experience working with reproducible frameworks for large scale data ingestion
- Experience working with highly scalable, fault tolerant database solutions (preferably NoSQL)
- Experience managing configuration and deployment strategies for rapid deployment of new systems and rolling updated of Production systems
- Active Secret security clearance
- Technical training and certifications, especially in Cloud, Architecture, Linux, Network, & Security concentrations
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience in system/network engineering including, but not limited to: server administration, hardware and software based networking, automation, troubleshooting
- Strong and demonstrated technical skillsets including, but not limited to:
- RESTful API frameworks (DropWizard, Play!, Spark, SpringBoot)
- Collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira, Hipchat)
- Software development tools (Mercurial, Git, JDK, IntelliJ, PyCharm, Gradle)
- Microservices frameworks & application development
- Amazon Web Services for ETL workloads (CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, EMR, RedShift, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS)
- Hardware & Software-defined networking, (Cisco iOS, ACLs, Firewalls, SSL & IPSEC VPNs, routing)
- Linux-based application design, hardening, deployment, and administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
- Encryption techniques (PKI, TLS, VPNs, PGP)
- network service monitoring & alerting (Icinga, Nagios, MRTG, CloudWatch, SNS)
- security/vulnerability management (RMF, SCAP, STIGs, Nessus, Kali)
- virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, para-virtualization, containers)
- command line administration (BASH, PowerShell, SSH)
- scripting and automation (Shell, Python, Perl)
- logging & analytics (Splunk, Elastic Stack)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.