Cyber Engineer I (Bachelor's Degree Level)
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has an entry level Cyber Engineer I position for recent college graduates to join and expand our Cyber Engineering Team located in Dulles, VA. This position will provide certified services and support for Information Assurance/Program Protection efforts for compliance with governing DoD Cybersecurity directives.
Our nationwide college-recruiting program, offers students from a variety of colleges and universities assignments that help you realize your career goals. Work with the best! From a world-class customer profile, to the work being done at the ends of earth, Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
• Provide basic support preparing IA Assessment and Authorization documentation (RMF) and participating in program level risk assessments during the A&A processes
• Provide basic support assessing system vulnerabilities, applying system hardening and verifying compliance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• Provide basic support for implementing embedded Cybersecurity Solutions, Security Authorization requirements, vulnerability assessments, threat mitigation, and emerging Cybersecurity technologies
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Ability to apply basic engineering principles, theories and concepts
• Ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems
• Ability to work in a multi discipline team environment
• Ability to articulate status and results
• Possess strong written and oral communications
• Current or ability to obtain within 6 months IAT level 2 or greater cybersecurity certification per DoD 8570.01; such as: Security+, CySA+, etc.
• Security+ or CISSP certification
• Exposure to Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering concepts and practices
• Knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX and Linux)
• Product development experience, to include: architecture, requirements, design, integration and testing
• Previous engineering project and internship experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Computer Engineering), Computer Science, Math or closely related STEM field obtained within the past 18 months, or by Spring 2020. A GPA of 3.0 + is strongly desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.