Are you amazed by the satellite views of cool places on Earth? Are you excited by the fire and fury of a rocket launching into space to examine distant galaxies? All of these capabilities are made possible by the products made by Raytheon. We invite you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based systems. The Raytheon Space Systems Engineering organization within the Systems Engineering Center is currently seeking a Chief Engineer for the FORGE MDP program. This position supports the Strategic Systems product lines. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for app capture/development activities, development of app migration demonstrations, algorithm development, and network and data management.
In this position, the candidate will be responsible for the technical execution of the program and for creating a cost-effective system solution. This technical leadership position requires a top performer with strong space systems engineering, algorithm development, and software architectures domain knowledge. It also requires the ability to bring together and lead a multi-disciplined, cross functional team in the execution of program goals. This role will require regular engagement with customer counterparts as well as with internal Raytheon teams, and active participation in customer and program technical reviews. The Chief Engineer will serve as the primary technical interface to the customer to determine the technical solution to their requirements. The candidate also plans, organizes, and administers technical reviews, monitors the day-to-day operations, provides suggestions for all major technical decisions and designs, and represents engineering on the management team. The candidate will be responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program acting as the product owner.
Responsibilities of the Chief Engineer include:
• Provide technical leadership on ground mission data processing
• Develop OPIR processing applications
• Develop the technical vision and strategies of the program
• Provide project technical leadership and coordination
• Participate in program readiness and design reviews
• Coordinate closely with the Program Manager regarding budget and schedule
• Provide engineering program execution and technical leadership, including on proposal development
• Guide and direct other engineering team leads to achieve program and technical success.
• Review all engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews.
• Establish and maintain the program technical baseline, ensuring the product meets contractual needs, and establishes technical baseline artifacts
• Provide technical support in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance
• Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers
• Mentor more junior engineers
• Minimum 10 years of experience in either systems engineering, algorithm development, or software architecture development.
• Experience developing applications
• Experience in software architecture development
• Ability to work within a fast paced environment
• Must have direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
• Demonstrated engineering leadership experience and proven track record
• Must be able to effectively lead multidisciplinary teams of systems engineering professionals
• Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), with prior experience in dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
• Experience leading teams and IPT’s, using tools and metrics in managing activities, and interfacing with senior program and functional management
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Ability to access to US only data systems
• Experience developing near real time applications operating on streaming data
• Ability to develop and deploy software as micro services using Docker and Kubernetes
• Agile SW development experience
• Experience with behavior driven development (or test driven development)
• Experience with legacy OPIR processing frameworks and algorithms
• Proficiency in Python and C++
• Technical experience with space systems and ground systems
• Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
• Experience conducting critical design reviews
• Experience in cost/schedule development and management (EVMS)
• Skilled in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
• Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
• Experience in performing Mission Architecture & CONOPS analysis
• Experience as an LSE or CE on previous programs
• System level architecture & modeling experience
• Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
• TS/SCI clearance
BS/BA in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics
MS in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, or Management
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.