Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore.
- Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Integrate network taps on operational devices
- Administers cybersecurity test beds and tests and evaluates new cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
- Provides Tier 3 deployment, operations and maintenance support for deployed cybersecurity technologies.
- Supports Assessment and Authorization activities related to cybersecurity technologies.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any cybersecurity tools within the enterprise and develops recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related field with five years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related field with at least seven years of experience.
- Experience shall be in a related security technology or discipline such as Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and Information Assurance.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
- Must have or be willing to obtain IAT Level II certifications within 6 months of hire
- Ability to travel up to 25% worldwide
Desired Technical Experience:
- General knowledge of security technologies such as vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, log monitoring, and endpoint protection
- General knowledge in determining placement of network security test access points (TAPs) or Switch Port Analyzers (SPANs) on enterprise networks
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, DNS, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- General protocol analysis experience (wireshark, tcpdump, Snort, Zeke, etc.)
- Experience in network security engineering, or four year degree in cybersecurity/systems engineering.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
- Familiarity with virtualization
- Linux and/or Windows scripting skills
- Experience in Linux based development of open source platforms (CentOS, etc.)
- Strong Windows or Linux system administration skills
- Experience in maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems
- General knowledge in security of ICS-SCADA networks
- General knowledge of NextGen SIEMs (Arcsight, Logrhythm, etc.)
- Strong network infrastructure and Assessment and Authorization skills
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.