Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support advanced cloud application architecture – experience designing and implementing complex multi-component cloud application solutions
- Support resilient applications design -applications that leverage more than one section of the cloud for residency and fault tolerance
- Support big data analytics – this is a broad field that includes machine learning, data curation, building data pipelines, etc.
- Provide Linux appliance maintenance – CentOS based Linux appliance management
- Support cloud automation scripting – AWS cloud automation scripting and service interaction
- Support elastic stack operations and maintenance – this is specific to the Elastic stack more recent versions which include the machine learning and big data analytics applications
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments. Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- May provide work leadership to junior level employees.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related field with three years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related field with at least five years of experience.
- Experience with COTS technologies used in a Cybersecurity Engineering environment desired
- Must have or be willing to obtain IAT Level II certifications within 6 months of hire
Demonstrated technical experience:
- Previous experience using the following:
- Strong Windows experience is highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player, capable of working collaboratively in customer teams.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.