Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Security Analyst, in the Arlington, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, the tasks will include analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents; and coordinate with the O&M team to maintain all security monitoring systems are on-line, up to date, and fully operational. Position is responsible for engineering new and maintaining current IT tool-sets relevant to the environment.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience protecting network environments against insider threat.
- Experience working with Splunk Analytics tool.
- Knowledge of Cisco ISE, Stealthwatch, SourceFire and AMP
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Position Requires 7-9 years experience in cyber security analysis, incident response, or related IA/Security experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline or Equivalent and 7-9 years of related experience.
- Monitor intrusion detection and prevention systems and other security event data sources.
- Determine if security events monitored should be escalated to incidents and follow all applicable incident response and reporting processes and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve, ask questions, and discover why things are happening.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources
- Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
- Reporting outputs will be reviewed and approved to ensure quality and metrics are maintained.
- Responsible for tuning and filtering of events and information, creating custom views and content using all available tools following an approved methodology and with approval and concurrence from management.
- Notify the Customer of significant changes in the security threat against the Customer networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Coordinate with the O&M team to ensure production systems are operating efficiently.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting as required by management.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring "policies" in a manner determined and agreed to by management. Ensure changes are made using an approval process agreed to in advance.
- Produce reports identifying significant or suspicious security events to appropriate parties. Include latest security threat information and tie back to specific intrusion sets of nation state actors when possible.
- Review and evaluate network modifications and recommend security monitoring policy updates.
- Establish procedures for handling each security event detected.
- Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks. Report the activity appropriately as determined by the customer.
- Provide analytical support as needed for the overall projects and systems by working with engineers, O&M, and other personnel to ensure effective operations of all capabilities, piloting of new systems, and periodic updates to systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills.
- Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification preferred (or willing to take with in 6 month of hire/start date).
- Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills,Leadership Skills,Listening Skills,Multi Tasking Ability,Oral and Written Communication Skills,Organizational Skills,Presentation Skills using PowerPoint,Public Speaking Skills.
Security Clearance Requirement: Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
- Sedentary work.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing/walking/Talking.
- ?Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.