Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Python Software Developer, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
The Software Developer will be a key member of our mission infrastructure development team. The successful candidate must be a team player, enthusiastic and passionate engineering professional, have expertise in a variety of fields, and be able to professionally represent ManTech in customer facing meetings. Must have a strong background in software engineering and software development following Agile Development Methodologies. The Software Developer must also have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities but are not limited to:
• Understand requirements, design and develop software components.
• Research software concepts, develop and demo proof of concept.
• Work with the team members to understand the current product features.
• Develop automated unit/integration tests.
• Participate in code reviews.
• Participate in the project’s agile process.
• Effectively communicate among developers, as well as with end-users on a limited basis.
• Possess excellent problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented and performance-driven.
• Commitment to continuous process improvement concerning software integration efforts and CI/CD Pipeline.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active Secret clearance is required.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS or equivalent.
• 10 to 12 + years of relevant development experience.
• Strong object-oriented programming principles.
• Excellent programming skills in Python.
• Linux software development experience.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS.
• Solid knowledge of computer architecture, computer networks, and operating systems.
• Strong knowledge and experience developing code in Linux.
• Quick learner, able to learn new technology and software.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a team member.
• Experience with version control systems such as Git.
• Experience with Python libraries such as Flask, SQLAlchemy.
• Experience with developing REST APIs.
• Experience using message-broker software such as RabbitMQ
• Experience with software automation.
• Familiar with MYSQL, NoSQL DB.
• Experience with Event Sourcing concept.
• Familiar with tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Consul.
• Familiar using container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience with Agile development, daily SCRUM, JIRA.
• Exposure to continuous integration and deployment.
• Experience performing software integration with external vendors.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.