Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Airborne Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) Department requires an experienced Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Lead to provide technical leadership to program execution. The AEWRS department provides comprehensive Program Engineering and Systems Engineering support of Secure Sensor Solutions (SSS) AEWRS and Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) Advanced RF programs.
The SEIT Leads responsibilities include:
- Leading a large, multi-disciplined, diverse team of system design and system integration engineers from pre-proposal activities, through the competition, and through program execution.
- Establishing and maintaining the System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team’s project cost and schedule EV baseline, providing project management reports as required, and taking actions to maintain the SEIT Teams cost and schedule commitments.
- Will provide technical leadership to a team of engineers that include leading the execution of integration and test activities, problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet all program and customer requirements.
- Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
- Will lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the Team on track.
- Provide day to day direction for both the System Engineering (SE), and Integration & Test (I&T) team in the development and execution of the team’s scope of work.
- Manage SEIT resources (including people, labs, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team’s plan. Support new/follow-on business proposals and ROMs as required by the program.
- Provide cost and schedule estimates/impacts for proposed engineering changes. Will also support the professional development of team members and ensure senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior personnel.
- Provide development feedback and information back to functional organizations
- Drives modeling and simulation into a holistic IV&V approach with the objective of early requirements sell-off.
This individual will interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.Required Skills
- Technical Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience with a few of the following areas related to RF systems engineering: signal processing, surveillance, reconnaissance, synthetic aperture radar imaging, communication systems, electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
- Experience communicating and presenting complex topics across all organizational levels and customers
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of team leadership, program staffing, EVMS, risk management, subcontract management, and quality controls (process tailoring, audit, etc.)
- Experience in radar and/or communication system operational concepts, functional and operational gap analysis, proposal, and development, Design to Cost / Design to Specification concepts, analysis and trade studies, link budgets and margins, and algorithm development.
- Experience executing and integration and test procedures on radar, and supporting testing of radar and LRUs in the lab.
- Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems.
- Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of operation of multiple sensors, key performance parameters and design degrees of freedom for various sensors
- Active Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Advanced understanding of radar and how the different systems in the radar/EO/IR interact with each other.
- Ability to troubleshoot radar HW & SW and make recommendations on HW & SW solutions.
- Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together with operational tactics.
- Firm understanding of system life-cycle to include logistics, reliability, maintainability and depot management.
- Working knowledge of radar development related engineering disciplines; Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Analog/RF, Power/P-Spice, digital), Mechanical Engineering (structural, thermal, drawings), Software Engineering (Structured Analysis, Object Oriented, coding), Reliability, Operational, etc.
- Proposal development leadership and technical volume leadership
- Technical mentoring in Radar design for multi-function systems
Bachelors of Science degree (BS) or equivalent in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related disciplineDesired Education:
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.