Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services seeks a talented candidate for a Principle Technical Operations Training Specialist opportunity based in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The successful candidate will support specialized training requirements for multiple Programs of Instruction, based in the Sterling, VA area with routine local travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
The candidate will be a member of a small team developing a new training initiative which seeks to provide diversified technical operators for support of mission activities in challenging environments. Primary responsibilities include creating the required infrastructure to support the initiative, training and preparing candidates within the program to conduct missions, and enabling the candidate transition and integration into mission teams for overseas deployment. The candidate will assist with planning and coordinating course schedules and daily activities, interfacing with external offices, training providers, and other stakeholders. This position is customer facing, requiring direct interaction and communications with customers at all leadership levels.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Certified through customer operations/field training pipeline.
- Subject Matter Expert with 5+ years of experience performing OCONUS operational field activities.
- Experience working as a technical operator or TOPS officer deployed overseas.
- Experience assessing, training, and/or mentoring personnel in technical operational field activities.
- Experience traveling and/or living overseas in more than one region of the world in support of operational missions.
- Experience working with personnel of various cultures, where English is a second language.
- Experience developing, and operating under, operational security measures.
- Well-versed in Counterintelligence and Operations Security principles and practices, as well as a demonstrated mastery of operational travel mechanisms.
- Working knowledge of secure communications methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional rapport with others in a small team environment.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and thrive in an atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, initiative, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate under broad intent, independent of direct oversight; reliable, trustworthy, committed to team success.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to frame requirements, set priorities, develop practical methods and align resources to meet training goals
- Ability to sustain demanding operational tasks in challenging environments over extended periods of time.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote with the aptitude to employ other customer-specific, automated programs, databases and technology-based capabilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; can substitute demonstrated operational experience for educational requirement.
- Experience in analyzing and operating RF communication systems and technologies.
- Experience in assessing, training, and/or mentoring personnel in the operation of RF communication systems.
- Prior instructor experience (classroom lecture, guided discussion, hands-on coaching and mentoring, formal assessments and evaluations, individualized remediation); strong preference for those candidates with a formal customer Instructor Certification and experience with one of the primary training centers.
- Prior experience in the design and scripting of Practical Exercises and Field Training Exercises for individual and team-based training, respectively.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.