Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Communications Technician - Kuwait
The Prepositioning and Marine Corps Prepositioning Program (MCPP) is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are accepting resumes for a Communications Technician position for our Kuwait location. Position Responsibilities Performs duties involving the Care of Supplies in Storage for the ground communication systems and performs limited corrective maintenance. Performs the serviceability and operational checks along with Stock List - 3 (SL-3) inventories. Performs installation, de-installation, maintenance and modification on communication gear as directed by the maintenance supervisor. Performs preventative maintenance, limited technical inspections with the receiving units and upon return of the assets to include the SL-3 inventories. Ensures communications equipment is Ready For Issue, if necessary identifies the corrective maintenance actions and creates a maintenance service request in Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps (GCSS-MC). Capable of performing Quality Assurance (QA) inspections on communication equipment when maintenance is complete. Performs the duties as a Local Element appointed custodian for Electronic Key Management System/Controlled Cryptographic Items.
• AA degree in electrical engineering or related discipline. In lieu of a degree a combination of college credits, other formalized training or education and directly related work experience may be considered
• Five years of directly related work experience
• Complete the Radio Technician Course and the Technician Theory Course
• Minimum of 1 year of high school algebra
• In-depth working knowledge of electrical circuitry, electrical principles and formulas, and their practical application to the systems repaired
• Ability to apply working knowledge of wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications
• Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position
• U.S. Citizen
• Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator License with clean MVR
• Completed military communication technician course or civilian equivalent
• Ability to operate personal computers, multimedia data entry, and scanning and retrieval systems functions
• Understanding of the organization's logistic functions and the activities involved in providing logistical support
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .