Missile Systems is seeking a Quality Manager for the Javelin Joint Venture Program.
Are you passionate about developing innovative technologies?
Does the opportunity to work on a fast-paced, rapidly growing development program excite you?
If so, this Quality Manager III role supporting our Missile Systems product line is the opportunity you have been seeking!
The Javelin Joint Venture Quality Manager (QM) will manage a team of Quality Engineers, personnel performance and development activities, implement functional initiatives, ensure compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS), lead continuous program health assessments, improve deliverable products, manage customer relationships, and partner with supplier, factory and program leaders and teams through all product lifecycle stages.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with QM peers to reduce redundancies, achieve synergies, eliminate non-essential work and ensure appropriate staffing to meet the critical needs of the business
- Coordinate program quality strategy, management, and efforts with Joint Venture Partner.
- Manage Quality personnel including: on-boarding, training, technical, interpersonal and leadership development, and recognition
- Teach and transfer knowledge of industry level practices to improve QE knowledge
- Provide daily direction and feedback on performance and development to Quality personnel
- Delegate appropriate assignments to Quality personnel and manage through follow up and performance feedback
- Demonstrate RMS leadership values and behaviors to obtain individual results and to achieve results through others
- Drive compliance to JV and RMS QMS
- Sustain continuous assessment of supplier, factory and program implementation of systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest standards of quality
- Articulate what good quality looks like at all stages of the value stream and influence stakeholders to act accordingly
- Utilize factory and program quality metrics to lead and influence product quality improvement
- Provide resources to team activities to eliminate out of phase defects, reduce/eliminate re-occurring non-conformances through effective root cause and corrective action investigations (i.e. Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), and utilize metrics to help prioritize and reduce defects per unit
- Monitor Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and FRACAS activities for systemic issues and to ensure robust RCCA
- Drive the application of statistical process controls to special processes and key product characteristics to ensure products meet end item performance requirements and mission assurance objectives
- Lead team to a high maturity state of continuous and measurable improvement to affect business success Identify and integrate advancements that enable strategic business growth, enhance customer relationships and improve profitability
- Embed Mission Assurance work products across the product lifecycle to preempt risk and drive attention-to detail culture
- Develop partnerships with senior Factory, Product Line and Program leaders to define and implement strategies that shape ’s ability to be our customer’s provider of choice
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience: Quality Assurance, Supplier, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operations, Aerospace and Defense, and/or Technology
- Experience leading high-performing, multi-disciplined/multifunctional teams in a highly-matrix environment
- Previous responsibilities building and maintaining effective business relationships with DCMA and DoD customers
- Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Professional history leading change management strategies to drive performance improvement across a business
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems or opportunities and leverage Root Cause Analysis to assist in identifying appropriate corrective or preventative actions
- Experience Developing BOE’s
- Ability to travel approximately 10-25%
- Ability to obtain secret clearance.
- Required Education (including Major): B.S. in Science, Tech, Engineering, Mathematics
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Create/execute strategic plans and innovative ideas to meet business objectives
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with QEC, QM’s, and key stakeholders across the corporation, business functions and product lines
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
- Level 5 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Engineering development experience
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.