Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
This is a position for a System Engineer to join our team developing next generation air traffic systems. Raytheon’s Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-mission area is a world leader in air traffic automation, surveillance and navigation, responsible for providing air traffic tools to air navigation service providers (ANSPs) around the world. This position is for the AutoTrac III (AT3) program.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions —backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise— is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
Primary responsibilities include requirements development, system integration, formal test planning, procedure development, customer witnessed testing and reporting. Secondary responsibilities include supporting software development with an emphasis on system level integration and test. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing test artifacts, regression testing, black box testing, scenario development and characterizing system performance. Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change will be a key skill in the fast paced, dynamic and evolving air-traffic control program environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable work experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or MS in STEM with 2 years of experience.
- Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design
- Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations, performing system and/or subsystem level integration and test
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as Oracle Solaris or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Able to travel, occasional travel in support of the program
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Education Requirements:Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience solving complex problems in Weather or Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
- Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Weather or Air Traffic Management Systems
- Experience with system integration, formal testing, and characterization of system performance
- Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase
- Java, XML
- Experience in the systems engineering, development and test of Air Traffic Management Systems
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.