Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
Perform support and administrative functions for the day-to-day operation of an IT Network services environment. When required, escalate operational or technical concerns to SME(s) for the given infrastructure service or end user program area. Provides on-call coverage for all network assets within the area of operational responsibility.
Duties / Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide Enterprise network and Unified Communications operational support in a multi-vendor Enterprise environment
• Provide Enterprise Network and Unified Communications capacity planning and monitoring on multi-vendor platforms
• Provide Enterprise remote access VPN support to include but not limited to Juniper JUNOS Secure Access platform, Juniper Pulse, and Cisco AnyConnect.
• Provide operational Enterprise IP Telephony and Unified Communications support.
• Provide operational Enterprise Collaboration Services support to include, but not limited to: multi-vendor and multi-platform Video Teleconferencing.
• Provide new technology deployment and project management services.
• Maintain, configure, and provide support services for multi-vendor network hardware components.
• Network Access Control (NAC) deployments and administration using Cisco ISE
• Follow BMC Remedy, ITIL best practices, and change management processes
• Implement WAN optimization strategies and configuration management - RiverBed WAN Optimizers.
• Prepare technical documentation deployment, installation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting of Enterprise installations of WAN/LAN & Data Center network infrastructure, specifically Cisco, Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls, F5 Big IP load balancers
• Review, analyze, troubleshoot, and coordinate with project managers, integrators, customers and administrators of the above technologies.
• Requires capacity management, performance tuning, operating system optimization, and associated skills with the above technologies.
• Vendor coordination and support for above technologies including collaboration and team analysis.
• Perform network analysis, automation, and monitoring through use of provided tools to include, but not limited to: Solarwinds, Cascade, Riverbed CMC/SMC, Cisco ISE, and Python.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management. Must have at 1-2 years of hands-on experience in Network Administration. Must have experience supporting network equipment (switches). Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills. Must be able to work with groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
Preferred: Valid Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) Routing & Switching, certification. Experience with any of the following is a plus: Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA, ForeScout/CDM (Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation)About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity