Sr. Systems Engineer II - Information Assurance
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
The Battlefield Radar (BFR) program area is seeking an individual who is either experienced in Information Assurance (IA) or is excited about pursuing a career in the IA field to support ongoing and emerging requirements for the Sentinel radar program. This individual should be knowledgeable of the internals of the Red Hat Linux Operating System. Responsibilities include developing, determining, and implementing technical Information Assurance solutions and Information Security protections and requirements in developmental and execution environments. Duties will include implementing and troubleshooting security configuration of Linux systems, identifying and implementing protection configurations and solutions, and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related studies, plans, and documentation. Specific tasks could include, but will not be limited to: defining and developing IA/Information Security strategy, plans, and policies; Perform vulnerability assessments; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities (e.g. DoDI 8510.01, NIST 800-53); implementation of security controls in networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components; Defining and administering IA Vulnerability Management Program; Conducting technical and nontechnical reviews and audits as necessary to support development and test efforts both in house and at customer sites; Assisting deployed system and security administrators in maintaining the systems accreditation in accordance with the approved IA program and procedures. Travel as required.
- Minimum 6 years systems engineering experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
- Experience with Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and processes
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance within 1 year of employment
- Minimum 1 year of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Extensive Red Hat Linux expertise including the ability to develop, implement, and troubleshoot Linux security functions
- Knowledge of C, Java, Python, Perl, Linux Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Systems and Software development life cycle and development processes, methodologies, and tools
- Ability to see the overall picture and integrate small tasks into the larger system
- Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-I, or IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
- Security-related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris) certification or training
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math or related technical field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
At IDS, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by IDS employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
We have been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, IDS offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits IDS offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with IDS’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
IDS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.