This position supports the DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, IIS will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. IIS will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
The Information System Security Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. May work with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Uses encryption technology, penetration, risk management and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies and information technology security research. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification. May prepare security reports.
This position may require shift work.
An active Secret security clearance is required with the eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
Required Skills and/or Experience:
• Maintain operational security posture for the program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed
• Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation
• Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
• Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes
• Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, etc.
• Experience and/or familiarity with Certification and Accreditation (C&A)
• Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
• Experience and/or familiarity with Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA), DCID 6/3, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and other tools using industry best practices
• Provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) of systems and solutions on a day to day basis
Desired types of Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Perform analysis on large data sets
• Provide security services for certification and accreditation (C&A) requirements, including developing and maintaining information assurance documentation for all network components
• Support continuous monitoring and FISMA compliance
• Conduct bi-monthly vulnerability scans and reconcile results, and report all findings
• Experience with one or more of the following: Netezza, Mantra Centrifuge, Aginity Workbech, LYNXeon, Cyber Solutions, VIAssist, IN-SPIRE, CyberSource, iClass, SPSS, Max Mind, Quova, etc.
• SourceFire experience desired
Desired Certification(s): CISSP, Security+, Network+, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) or similar certification required.
• Six (6) or more years of cyber security or similar experience with a Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Cyber Engineering or a related discipline
• A Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
• Professional experience may be substituted for a degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.