Security Officer neededat Raytheon IIS Richardson facilityto protect life, safeguardclassified and sensitive Information and secure facility/offsite locations and equipment.
- Performa variety of duties such as protect life and safeguard property against fire, carelessness, negligence, malicious destruction, sabotage, espionage and other damage.
- Extinguish fires, direct traffic, detect, report and/ordetain offenders, aid in preserving order and quelling disturbances and enforce relatedrules and regulations.
- Guard assigned gates, entrances and restricted areas to prevent unauthorized entry and departure of persons, material, equipment and/or vehicles.
- Exercise tact and judgment when dealingwith employees and other personnel to avoid friction and secure cooperation.
- Perform Console and Sergeant Assignments when directed / assigned by management.
- Enforcefire prevention and fire protection rules including compliance to safety standards.
- Patrolarea open flameoperationsto prevent damage by fireto employees or property.
- Make detail reports of all accidents, violationsand suspicious circumstances or unsatisfactory conditions.
- In case of an emergency, keep area clear of unauthorized persons and prevent destruction or pilfering of evidence or property.
- Followall verbal or written orders from assigned Sergeant, Lieutenant or other designated members of supervision.
- Must haveextreme knowledge ofthe APIM, Emergency Management Plan, AED Requirements, Employee Rules of Conduct, Bargaining Unit Agreement, IT Disaster Recovery Plan and the Use of Force Policy.
- Relate all orders and special Instructions to relief officer.
- Maintain post, station, or area clean and in anorderly manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Insure emergency response personnel, company and non-company is notified during majorIncidents / accidents occurring on your shift.
- Provide oral and writtenreports concerning security Infractions, safety hazards, Incidents and accidents.
- Keep current on information that may affect security operationsby reading provided reports, memos, message logsandsecurity polices & procedures.
- Computer related duties will be limited to operating the security control center, assigned access gates, Incident / accident reports and other company related systems.
- Personal items that may detractfrom your alertness or professionalism are prohibited in assigned work areas and may result in disciplinary action up to an including termination.All personnel who relieve the console officer must log in upon relief andlog out when he/she departs. The console officer will adhere to the same requirements.
- Lead by setting positive example in what you say and what you do, strive for a teamwork atmosphere.
- Maintain an open, friendlyline of communication with each person you meet or speak with when operating the security control center. Rude conduct of any kind in dealing with employees, fellowofficers, or visitors will be cause for disciplinary action.
Initiative and Ingenuity:
Followspecified practices and procedures in preventing and fighting fires. Be particularly vigilant in order to prevent and extinguish fires and to protect lifeand property from damage, sabotage, malicious mischief and crimes of violence. In cases where suspicion is aroused, notify supervisor in charge. Initiative, alertness, and courtesy is necessary to enforce company rules and regulations, to handle firearms when necessary and to select and use equipment in the most efficient manner. Must remain calm and exercise extreme measures of good judgment and tact when dealing with an emergency situation that might result in injury or death of others.
Freedom To Act:
Under general requirements, security guidelines and division standards and policies, must ensure division wide compliance to security regulations.
Management Span of Control:
May have additional supervisory responsibility due to the nature of a 24-houroperation, such as shift work, split shifts, and emergency shifts. Must comply with standard safety precautions to promptly and correctly dispatch emergency response personnel, and notify proper personnel in emergencies.
Mental and Physical Coordination:
Nature of duties may involvehigh levels of mentaland physical coordination especially in the handling of emergency situations, otherwise, normal attentionisrequired. Continuous mental, visualand hearing attention necessary to monitor the console and to be vigilant to prevent damage to property, sabotage, malicious mischief, crimes of violence and enforce company rules and regulations. Requires liftingof heavier weights when performing maintenance operations, extinguishers, or fighting fires.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to acquire and maintain all necessary clearances / accesses as determined by the company.
- Secret clearance considered but TS/SSBI is preferred.
- Must meet State registration and Certification requirements for TDPS Level III Standards.
- High School Diploma with 2+ years of DOD Industrial Security, Military and/or Law Enforcement experience.
- Extensive training in DOD Industrial security administration, loss prevention and fire protection.
- Must be able to work independently due to shift requirements.
- Must be able to remain calm and exercise extreme measures of good judgment and tact when dealing with an emergency situation that might result in injury or death of others.
- Must have and be able to maintain a Texas Driver's License to operate company vehicle.
- Must be able to legally wear and operate a firearm, uniform, radio and/or other equipment issued by company management.
- Must be able to take verbal / written direction from superior officer and/ or their designated representative.
- Must be able to investigate security incidents, safety hazards and accidents.
- Must be able to lift heavy items
- Must be able to render First Aid, CPR and AED in emergency situations and be able rescue and carry/ drag injured or disabled personnel from danger.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and withstand severe weather conditions.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of security techniques and equipment. Know, understand and apply rules, regulations, and orders and certain principles of security, police, and military authority and of criminal law involving personal liberties.
- Ability to read plans and diagrams to learn location of departments, fire equipment, signals, valves, operate a computer and other related equipment.
High School Diploma with 2+ years of DOD Industrial Security, Military and/or Law Enforcement experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.