Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking an entry level Technical Support Engineer for Field Engineering (FE) Technical Support Services at the F-22 CIP Integration Lab (CIL) in El Segundo, California.
This Technical Support Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring effective operation, maintenance, inspection, and technical support for the F-22 Common Integrated Processor (CIP) Depot Lab. Additionally, the engineer shall ensure that the lab test equipment is operating properly, and troubleshoot any hardware anomalies with supervision. The engineer shall also ensure that all Operation and Security practices are followed accordingly.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide F-22 Depot lab test support for the F-22 CIP Sustainment Contract.
- Setup and verify the functional operation of Support Test Equipment (STE) in the F-22 CIL.
- Provide Lab Shift Schedule Support for various engineering activities provided by the F-22 CIL.
- Ensure prompt and accurate troubleshooting of CIP Line Replaceable Modules (LRMs) and STE in the Lab according to procedures and processes in place.
- Evaluate and Troubleshoot failed Field return utilizing equipment such as 1553 bus monitors, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers, and other electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ensure the completion of proper documentation and follow processes put in place according to F-22 Sustainment Contract and RTN regulations.
- Ensure F-22 CIL is in a “Ready State”. Complete repairs on lab test equipment, as defined in the statement of work.
- Position requires successful completion of several recurring certifications and training courses
- Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearancewithin one year of employment. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Related experience within a lab environment, using diagnostic equipment to test and troubleshoot electronic assemblies including removal and installation of hardware.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Working in a team environment, must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor.
- Desired Skills:
- Active SECRET Clearance - (Current Existing Clearance)
- Previous lab experience is preferred.
- Ability to complete comprehensive and accurate reports to effectively communicate with customer.
- Understanding of hexadecimal and binary numbering systems necessary for data analysis.
- Ability to support temporary shift requests of multiple shifts.
- Self-motivated and ability to work without appreciable direction.
- Ability to function under pressure to meet tight schedules.
- Familiar with Hazardous waste regulations.
- Experience with LabVIEW.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma processes.
- Coursework in a lab environment.
- Required Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems, Computer Science, Physics, etc.) or a closely related STEM field obtained within the last 18 months or by Spring 2020.
- Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.