IIS is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to serve as a technical contributor in an Operations and Maintenance support lab. The candidate will work closely with team members and customer representatives to identify test requirements, develop test procedures, and perform system verification and validation.
The responsibilities for this position are dynamic and require a broad technical skillset. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, systems requirements analysis, design verification and validation, test procedure development and execution, automated test development using LabView and/or Python, and test analysis and defect resolution of RF communication systems.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Active Top Secret. Must be US Citizen
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI clearance that can be verified and hired at IIS.
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience with strong technical background in computer systems, data processing equipment, and RF/Microwave systems.
- Experience writing test scripts and automating testing: ability to develop, troubleshoot and execute Python scripts.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently on unusually complex technical problems providing innovative solutions. Must be capable of self-determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to obtain results while working under consultative direction from senior leadership. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Familiarity with HW/SW Integration & Test Process and Procedures.
- Knowledge of microwave principles and system/subsystem-level analysis methodologies.
- Proven ability writing test plans and test procedures and to work in a process oriented organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Experience providing on-site customer support in a demanding environment
- Active Top Secret
Education Requirements:Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience using Linux Operating Systems
- Prior work experience in RF including familiarity with microwave tuners, digitizers, demodulators, and antennas
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges
- Proven ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to support occasional travel
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then IIS is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.