Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The OPFOR / Threat Fires SME duties include:
• Operate models/simulations during events and provide training to other users with respect to the OPFOR Fires TTPs.
• Develop and replicate the real world or fictional enemy fires doctrine into an executable process for execution during events using program of record C2 systems.
• Translate real world or fictional enemy force structures into an event database. Develop and verify accuracy of the OPFOR event database for employment in the Simulation supported CPX.
• Function as a thinking enemy during events to help provide a realistic, challenging training environment.
• Conduct research on threat capabilities, doctrine, and organization to support detailed mission planning to develop a complete OPFOR concept of operations documented in a FRAGO.
• Represent an OPFOR subordinate unit or a functional area within the OPFOR operations cell (including but not limited to future operations, current operations, fires, intelligence, and logistics) to coordinate operations, combat assessment, and activities of OPFOR subordinate units during execution.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses as they occur during an event, model, or simulation. Research, document, and extract factual data for composition of threat military forces for a model/simulation.
• Analyze problem areas and suggest feasible solutions. Participate in and conduct reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information-gathering requirements.
• Provide analysis during events and attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
• Support the development of scripted exercises to include storyline development.
• Assist in reviewing classified material and recommends a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings. Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine.
• As OPFOR Fires Analyst, participate in Joint exercise design process, attend conferences, and provide input to the scenario development process up to the TS/SCI security level. Research TS/SCI-level information of potential threat-force orders-of-battle, and those forces capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions.
• TS/SCI clearance required, and must be read-in for NATO level access.
• Bachelor's degree is required; major in operations research, computer science, management, military science, political science, or equivalent area is desired.
• Minimum three years of experience in military training and education.
• Minimum six years of military operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment. Minimum three years of demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience. Minimum two years of experience developing databases and conducting exercises or analysis efforts. Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
• Minimum two years of experience in DoD modeling and simulation.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.