Javelin is the world’s most versatile and lethal one-man-portable, anti-tank, guided munition and surveillance weapon system. It is made by the Javelin Joint Venture, a partnership between Missile Systems and Lockheed Martin. Javelin has been adopted by international armed forces around the world. It is currently fielded with the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps, but it has also been approved for foreign military sales to 17 nations.
The Javelin program is seeking an Innovation and Growth Program Manager who will be responsible for expanding new international business offerings and the overall development and deployment of Javelin Program Office strategy. This PM will implement campaign plans for the next generation of Javelin Weapons Systems including the Light Weight CLU, Spiral 4 missile and Javelin Vehicle Applications. The Innovation, and Growth Manager is accountable for new business capture strategy development,management of all Javelin Joint Venture growth initiative pursuits, and management and execution of strategy and management of international contracts including contract and ITAR compliance.
Specific duties include serving as the Javelin Joint Venture program manager responsible for profit and loss (P&L) for international and domestic business. Assure compliance with US Government laws, policies and regulations governing business with international customers. Serves as focal point for Javelin worldwide international strategy. Develop and implement country win strategies; develop industrial teaming strategies; develop and maintain Javelin International Roadmap; develop capture plans. Obtain US Government approvals and licenses,and support FMS process. After award of contract, provide program management to assure compliance with contract requirements, and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by meeting our commitments. Position is also lead for all Javelin Joint Venture Weapon Systems Growth Initiative pursuits.Primary responsibilities include the definition and development of system architectures, performance of trade studies, definition, planning and conduct of operational effectiveness studies for the purpose of determining customer requirements for next generation of the Javelin missile, sights and launchers.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Administrative oversight for direct and matrix team members; new business capture; lead in preparation of responses to Requests for Information, Price and Availability estimates.
- Management of foreign agents and consultants; establishing customer protocol and maintaining Customer satisfaction; serving as the JJV interface with the Missile Systems International Inc. organization.
- Vigilant management of New Business Investment funds as allocated by Missile Systems, Lockheed Martin and the JJV; proactive identification and resolution of obstacles; and international Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Development and execution of pursuit plans and strategy; teaming strategies; business case, deal to win (technical, management and cost); customer engagements; compliance with contract terms and financial goals.
- Synthesis and documentation of concepts of operations (CONOPS) for anti-armor and assault actions which outline new ways to use Javelin.
- Creating requirements, plans, and procedures for improved modeling and simulation of Javelin at the operational level.
- Supporting the JJV President and Vice President with the development of the Javelin technology roadmap.
- Serves as the interface to the Close Combat Weapon Systems program office and other potential customers with the future growth of Javelin.
- 12 years of progressive program management or related engineering and development experience
- Experience in working with customers and professionally representing the company in the customer community.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Successful experience as an IPT Lead or program/project manager
- Demonstrated success developing and/or communicating a program strategy, communicating and inspiring engagement on a vision, and developing employees
- Certified or ability to obtain Missile Systems Program Manager Level 4 certification or higher within 12 months
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
Education:Requires a related Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, implement tactical plans and develop strategies for future development
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration between functional organizations and affect integrated solutions
- Demonstrated ability keep team members focused on schedule milestones and objectives and must motivate the program teams to develop cost effective, customer-oriented solutions and approaches
- Knowledge of Integrated Product Development tools and processes
- Background in program planning and successful implementation
- Knowledge of financial processes (Estimate At Completion)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certified with an emphasis on variance analysis
- Experience working with cognizant US Government Agencies such as DSCA, DASA DE&C, OSD, DOS, etc.
- Familiarity with FMS process, ITAR, offset and FCPA.
- Experience working with non-U.S. cultures
- Highly effective communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills especially in team building/maintenance and customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within and as the lead of a team
- Capture Manger certification
- Program Management certification
- Missile Systems Six Sigma Specialist
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.