Sr. IT Systems Administrator
Integrated Defense Systems
Colorado Springs, CO
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at IDS, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by IDS employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that IDS teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support IDS’s IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users - Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
Please note that an active U.S. Dept. of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance is required as of day one of employment, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain Security Clearances.
Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy - the amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the hiring process.
This Position can be filled at either a G08 or G09 level commensurate on experience and qualifications. This is a great opportunity for Senior IT Systems Administration with Defense industry experience to support advanced classified radar development programs.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.