This is a multi-level position that can be a Cyber Technologist grade G07 or Sr. Cyber Technologist G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
The Cyber Technologist is part of an IT Security team supporting a wide variety of existing and proposed computer network and communications systems and projects. The employee is an active component in the protection of IT assets, infrastructure, and information as part of an operations focused team serving local and remote customers.
General Responsibilities can include:
• Designs and implements cybersecurity physical, procedural/operational and technical security controls for the purpose of complying with regulatory standards and industry best practices.
• Validates system security requirements definition and analysis. Supports secure systems operations and maintenance. Defines and documents the required security artifacts for the system.
• Conducts independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology system to determine the overall effectiveness of the defined controls.
• Measures effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities. May liaise with appropriate internal and external governance bodies or regulators to evaluate cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities, and gain formal authorization to operate.
• Completing specific deliverables in the areas of incident security response, vulnerability assessments, certification and accreditation, and security product deployments.
• Participate in executing vulnerability scans and documenting resulting findings for customers as well as local compliance validation.
• Participate in documenting and publishing security related workflows and procedures.
• Prepares and executes security assessments, analysis and remediation.
Minimum Required Skills:
• Bachelor degree in IT or a STEM degree or a related field and minimum of 2 years of related experience or eequivalent experience
Knowledge of security tools such as Nessus and Webinspect.
Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, authorization methodologies, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies.
Ability to identify and analyze significant problems and opportunities.
Must be able to work effectively as part of an inter-organizational team as well as an individual contributor.
Assists in the resolution of audit findings through analysis, problem determination and development of cost effective solutions.
Ability to rapidly generate security related content in MS Office formats (documents, spreadsheets, presentations, process flows, web content) that is targeted and comprehensible at all corporate organization levels.
Must be able to obtain DoD Secret clearance
Highly Desired Skills:
• Masters Degrees in Computer Science or engineering related field with an emphasis in information security.
• Strong technical background, with understanding of concepts of confidentiality, integrity and availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, user authentication and authorization.
In-depth knowledge of security tools such as Nessus and Webinspect
Information Security certifications (S+, GIAC, SANS, CISSP, CISA) and/or network/ systems certifications (CCNA/P, Linux/UNIX Red Hat RHCE, Microsoft MCSE).
Hands on experience operating security tools in an operational environment.
Experience with security artifacts such as defined by NIST.
Knowledge of information systems design and development.
Understanding of DFARS 252.204-7012: Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident
Strong communication skills. Includes oral, written, and presentation skills, as well as team dynamics and conflict resolution skills.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.