Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a 1st shift cell leader. This position has overall responsibility for the Machine Tool Maintenance operations team consisting of 8-10 employees. The individual in this role will lead this team of people in a fast paced and dynamic environment to ensure maintenance of machinery and systems supporting manufacturing meet contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of support to complete critical repairs and preventive maintenance. This individual will also be responsible for a safe work environment and will actively lead and engage in safety improvement projects.
This role requires daily interaction with infrastructure teams in various value streams and sites to repair, maintain equipment and systems to meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: manufacturing engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
The position supports deployment of the Corrective and Preventative maintenance operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of failure modes, predictive and preventative methods, quality of work, staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
- Execution of schedule and cost based on internal customer needs
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Deployment and monitoring of resources for successful completion of tasks
- Employee hiring and training
- Time and attendance tracking
- Predictive and preventative theory/methods
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- 4 years of work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership and management experience in manufacturing or similar environments.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience working in and/or supporting a Machine Tool and maintenance organization
- Experience assigning, managing and measuring work assignments to completion
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
- Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Metrics driven and success oriented
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
Required Education (including Major):
BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description or equivalent education and experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.