Job Description: Seeking a program management/planning professional to join the Program Planning & Support (PPS) directorate within Missile Systems (MS). The Sr. Program Planner position will be a member of the Program Management Excellence organization, supporting all MS programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, maintenance and analysis of the, the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and have knowledge of the Integrated Master Plan for Tomahawk.
Partners with the program team to ensure the cost, schedule and technical requirements are fully integrated and executed as planned. Provides weekly and monthly planning metrics on schedule status, baseline maintenance, critical path analysis, and schedule variance analysis and network logic validation. Performs Schedule Risk Analysis utilizing statistical software that provides the program team with the probabilities and risk areas in meeting program commitments.
Employs Earned Value Management System processes and is an advocate in the discipline of program planning and scheduling. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with governmental and customer requirements. Duties will include: creating and maintaining compliant Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that achieves necessary cost and schedule integration.
Will perform the integrated planning and budgeting of tasks, to include analyses and reporting that will provide the programs with the visibility to make management decisions to ensure programs meet or exceed schedule commitments. Must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans, to ensure the IMS is used as a predictive model and as a valued management tool for the program. The candidate will incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS in order to maintain realistic current contract schedule baselines. The weekly and monthly business rhythms will require communication (electronically and verbally) of schedule status including but not limited to, results of critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis and the results of ‘what if’ exercises to the Program Manager, the customer and potentially to senior management. To be successful in this role the candidate must be able to develop strong relationships with Program Management, Finance, IPTs, CAMs and customer.
* 4+ years of applicable experience that included Program Planning and Scheduling
* Knowledge in the effective integration of schedule and cost in an EVMS environment
* Familiar with conducting Schedule Risk Analysis
* Experience using software designed for creating and maintaining industry related schedules. (MS Project, Primavera, Open Plan, or similar scheduling software)
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Knowledge and experience in assisting IPTs in planning and scheduling
* Proficiency with planning applications
* Experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
* Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or similar industry certification
* Demonstrated ability to deliver customer focused solutions
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.