We are looking for a Finance Business Manager to lead our Civil Space and Weather Program Area within the Defense and Civil Solutions Business Area. The position may be staffed in Riverdale, MD
The Business Manager will partner with Civil Space and Weather Program Area Director in running the financial aspects of the business that includes 20 programs with annual revenue of approximately $300M. This position will provide leadership and mentoring to a team of 15 Finance professional staff members in financial planning and analysis, reporting, and cost management.
The successful candidate must have a firm understanding of financial principles and demonstrate application through hands on experience. The candidate must ensure successful execution of the program through Earned Value Management (EVMS) including baseline generation, maintenance, developing Estimate at Complete (EACs), in depth analysis, and reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. The candidate must be able to develop solutions using a high degree of creativity, ingenuity and innovation in a fast-paced environment and interpret and ensure implementation of Raytheon Financial Policies, Procedures and Program Management Best Practices.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and brief Monthly Operating Review Packages for Program Area
- Lead Financial Planning and Analysis activities
- Provide oversight and guidance for program cost schedule and control, develop cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and provide analysis and support utilizing standard company tools and in compliance with standard processes.
- Lead quarterly EAC Reviews for the Program Area
- Monitor program cash collections, billing status, and unbilled issues
- Partner with Business Development and Programs to forecast and provide analysis of key financial metrics including Bookings, Sales, Profit, Cash, and Backlog.
- Support audits of financial information by internal auditors, external auditors, DCAA and other agencies
- Assist with development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP's)
- Support Front end of the business and help drive strategy on new business initiatives
- Support Blue Team 2 activities and provide leadership on competitive pursuits
- Provide support to Gates 1 -4, 5 and 11
- Provide support to Capital Budgeting Process
- Develop budgets and provide monthly analysis on indirect overhead
- Participate on Raytheon Six Sigma process improvement projects
- Bachelor degree and 10 + years of related finance experience in multiple aspects of financial management and business analysis including program controls
- Experience presenting complex information to all levels of staff and management in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of contract structures on software development program with various fee plans
- Firm understanding of Earned Value Management fundamentals
- Solid understanding of IMS, integration of cost and schedule, updates to the WBS and OBS, defining control accounts, planning packages and work packages
- Ability to support updates to ETCs on a monthly basis and developing EACs consistent with company policy
- Ability to work in process driven environment and communicate requirements
- Ability to work within rapidly changing business environment and make critical decisions that are based upon sound financial principles
- Understand and perform analysis on the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Forecast, and Short Range Outlook
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, clear verbal and writing abilities, task flexibility, sensitivity to customer’s needs.
- Experience organizing, preparing, and presenting briefings to Customers, Management, and Peers
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments
- Strong skills with Excel
- Experience with SOX Compliance and quarterly EAC generation
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to lead and manage a geographically disbursed Program Controls staff located in California, Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, and Indiana
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in all aspects of Finance including Program Controls, EVMS, Forecasting, and Accounting.
- SAP/Apex, Rplan Forecasting, Micro-Frame Project Manager (MPM), APEX EV, and PMX tools
- Experience leading Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and JSR (Joint Surveillance Review) efforts
- Integrate monthly Cost and Schedule (EVMS) data
- CPR Formats 1 thru 5
- Cost modeling, Engineering Change Proposal preparation, life cycle cost estimating, and developing pricing strategies to help meet customer requirements.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of study
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.