Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a 1st shift Operations Leader. This position has overall responsibility for the Machine Shop operations team consisting of 55-60 employees. Responsibilities include full leadership and management accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance for a multi-cell/multi-shift operation. The Value Stream Leader will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
This role requires daily interaction with other functions to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement.
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering
- Prior Management experience
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Prior Management experience, preferably in a machine shop and/or union environment
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
-Experience assigning, managing and measuring work assignments to completion
-Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints
- Core competency in the area of mechanical, metal fabrication operations, financial management – earned value management, supply chain
- Comfortable using data analytics to support business strategy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skill and influencing skills
- Flexible, open minded, and able to think outside the box to solve complex operational issues while maintaining open communications and a cooperative work environment.
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Metrics-driven and success oriented
-BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description or equivalent education and experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.