Are you interested in joining a community of dynamic, professional engineers? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Surveillance Radar Software to be used in radar systems deployed on land and sea. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The job location for this opportunity is in Marlborough, MA, supporting the Radar Software Product Line (RSPL) which supports the AMDR, EASR and LTAMDS programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of software tools that support a development community of several hundred software and systems engineers using a wide array of software development and engineering tools. Because of the diversity of tools and uses, all implementations must be thoroughly tested and robustly verified against a wide range of use cases to ensure correct functionality and avoid service outages. The Radar Software Product Line incorporates multiple programs at several sites using different environments, all served by a common toolset.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Experience with C++
- Linux or UNIX experience
- 6+ years as a tools developer or administrator
- Experience with: Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Lean/Agile development practices
- This position requires the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Existing SECRET clearance
- Proficiency with the following tools: Python, Groovy, C/C++, Java, Git, Cloud services, EVMS, DOORS, Eclipse, MATLAB, Domain expertise of Phased Array Radars, Rhapsody
- A background in System Administration, Network Administration, VMware, NetApp, distributed network performance, hardware configuration or VDI would be beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Six Sigma Specialist certification
- Experience in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.