Missile Systems (MS) is the world’s largest missile producer. Missile Systems is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Missile Systems contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Electronics Product Development and Prototyping Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for a Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer with education and experience in performing test and troubleshooting to the component level utilizing schematics and test equipment. Responsibilities include working with a team of engineers performing electrical tests and troubleshooting on subassemblies, assemblies, and systems for conformance to specifications; Understanding and applying the theory of operation for the unit under test to enable determination of faulty product for design, workmanship, environmental and/or component defects. Additionally, the candidate will work on systems validation, test and analysis while working through all phases of integration, test and validation activities within the Labs. As an Electrical Engineer the candidate will ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques.
Responsibilities may contain aspects of one or more of the following disciplines:
Note: This position can be a Sr Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, leadership, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Signal processing - analysis and manipulation of signals. Signals can be either analog or digital.
- Communications - transmission of information across a channel such as a co-axial cable, optical fiber or free space.
- Electromagnetics - includes Electromagnetic waves, Transmission Lines and Waveguides, Antennas, Radio-Frequency (RF) and Microwaves.
- Controls - flight and propulsion systems.
- Power - generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity as well as the design of related devices. These include transformers, electric generators, electric motors, high voltage engineering, and power electronics.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM.
- A minimum of 6 years’ of directly related work experience.
- Strong experience in reading, understanding and accurately following prints, schematics, sketches, as well as work from verbal and/or written instructions including test procedures.
- Past work history with the design, fabrication and testing of electronic and mechanical sub-systems and CCAs.
- Experience in documenting findings encountered during testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools - i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Security Requirement:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Proven interaction in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to work autonomously while establishing schedule and priorities
- Must have effective communication skills to interface with a wide variety of people including lab technicians, engineers, managers, and auditors
- Experience in missile defense systems is highly desired
- Able to manage and execute to Program Plan
- Ability to make and/or manage technical decisions for the product
- Experience performing engineering tests such as ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure), DVT (Design Verification Test), and DMV (Design Margin Verification)
- Knowledge of programmable electronic parts
- Proven communication and presentations skills with ability to clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Manage and balance the priorities of multiple programs simultaneously
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.