Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Senior Electrical Engineer
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
Join us and you will be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Senior Technical Professional – Electrical
Under general supervision, the Senior Technical Professional, Electrical performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter with Electrical Engineering. The incumbent devises new approaches to problems encountered and plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
This position is located at a client site in Mobile, AL. No per diem will be offered.
· Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to electrical systems including power systems performance and control, cabling and wiring, lighting, motor control centers design and development, communications systems, cathodic protection, grounding, lightning protection, heat tracing, etc.
· Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers
· Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements
· Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional.
· Must be able to produce calculations and prepare electrical specifications for low and medium voltage transformers, motor control equipment, switchgear and other misc. electrical equipment.
· Develop Electrical scopes of work from Plant basic data.
· Conduct scope and design reviews with plant personnel.
· Must be capable of interface with Client counterparts and work with project team to furnish project deliverables.
· Will have daily interface with KBR designers and be responsible for checking drawings and participating in design reviews.
· Monitor budgets and schedules to meet project deliverables.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 10+ years of related experience, preferred within the chemical industry
· Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer in the state of Alabama, or the ability for reciprocity, is preferred.
· Candidates must have design and field experience in chemical or petrochemical plants.
· Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
Work includes field walk downs which require the following activities:
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .